The beginning of the year is a time for new starts, for organizing, for, dare I say it, thinking about taxes. If you are a writer, you are probably self-employed and you should be thinking about estimated taxes, which not so coincidentally are due this week.
When should you submit estimated taxes? If you are going to owe more than a thousand dollars in tax. Otherwise, you will incur penalties. You should pay estimated taxes four times a year: April 15th, June 15th, September 15th and January 15th. But since the 15th occurred on a Sunday, this January, and Martin Luther King day is a Federal holiday on the 16th, you get a couple extra days for this last payment.
So, if you were fortunate enough to make some money on your writing in 2015, pay up!
- Getting Words On The Page
- Eavesdropping by Christine Duncan
- It’s Not Being Nosy If You’re A Writer
- Author Quote of the Week by Christine Duncan
- Interesting Times
- Happy Memorial Day Everyone by Christine Duncan
- The Path
- Writing Quote of the Week by Christine Duncan
- I Don’t Know Her Name
- Happy Mothers Day by Christine Duncan