I can relate to Michelle’s post about escaping in books. Certainly, it helps when things are messed up in real life. I tend to pick books where the hero/heroine has to fight awesome odds. I want to read about people who just keep going and never even think about giving up. I don’t want to read about a whiner.
I don’t know anyone whose life is easy. People always have problems. Books whether they are mysteries, romance, sci-fi or general fiction are about people who are solving their problems. It makes sense then that we go there. Sometimes real life is just unsolvable. But we want to believe.
- Cussing by Christine Duncan
- Technology by Christine Duncan
- Anything but work.
- Happy Superbowl Sunday by Christine Duncan
- Don’t Do It For The Day Job
- Throwing the Book at the Wall by Christine Duncan
- Art, in all it’s forms
- Inspiration by Christine Duncan
- Poor Starving Artist doesn’t mean Good Art