I can relate to Michelle’s post about escaping in books. Certainly, it helps when things are messed up in real life. I tend to pick books where the hero/heroine has to fight awesome odds. I want to read about people who just keep going and never even think about giving up. I don’t want to read about a whiner.
I don’t know anyone whose life is easy. People always have problems. Books whether they are mysteries, romance, sci-fi or general fiction are about people who are solving their problems. It makes sense then that we go there. Sometimes real life is just unsolvable. But we want to believe.
- Food, Glorious Food
- Seasonal Reads Anyone? by Christine Duncan
- Clearing Away The Rubbish.
- Another Shooting by Christine Duncan
- It’s NaNoWriMo again!
- Happy Halloween by Christine Duncan
- You Need Your Library
- Female Characters by Christine Duncan
- Anger and Female Characters
- Another Writing Opportunity by Christine Duncan