I’ve been thinking about writing a few short stories for promo. You know, to have something to give away. I got started on this because the publisher of one of my books wrote all of her authors an email about her plan to give away the first book in all of her series. But as I said, she only publishes one of my books.
Still it seems a good plan. People will get interested, hopefully with the first book and go on to purchase the rest of the series. Hence the short story thought.
I know that I love returning to series books and getting another glimpse into the character’s lives. But I wonder how well this all works in practice. Could you give out your first book, if you thought it would help sell your other books?
- Cussing by Christine Duncan
- Technology by Christine Duncan
- Anything but work.
- Happy Superbowl Sunday by Christine Duncan
- Don’t Do It For The Day Job
- Throwing the Book at the Wall by Christine Duncan
- Art, in all it’s forms
- Inspiration by Christine Duncan
- Poor Starving Artist doesn’t mean Good Art