I’ve been doing it for years now. Selecting one word to help me through the year. It’s been a source of strength, a short reminder to myself of what I wanted from the year and from myself. One year it was placed, as I knew I was where I was supposed to be, the next year it was stretch, as I was in a new situation, but one I wanted to meet the demands of. I had leap and present and now…
Now, I’m thinking maybe Listen as in listen to my thoughts to what I`m telling myself. Take time to listen to what’s going on around me.
Or maybe this year’s word is simply Stop! Stop worrying. Stop and see what is happening now. Stop and smell the roses.
Yet I want a word to express the thought that I don’t want to let fear stop me. A one word synonym for press on. Dauntless?
Words, the writer’s toolkit. And sometimes the strength to go on.
- Not Quite So Much Porridge Please
- Ever Wanted to Write for TV? by Christine Duncan
- Dreaded Synopsis
- A Contest for the Minimalist Writer by Christine Duncan
- It Changes on the Page
- Are There Fewer Opportunities for Writers Now? by Christine Duncan
- The Moment of Love
- A Seasonal Book by Christine Duncan
- Writing by Christine Duncan