It’s hot. Way, way, too hot. The summer of record heat and my brain is fuzzy with it.
I’m reading, taking lots of mental notes and when I’m not actually at work, or doing chores, or looking for work, trying to find a cool creek or river, so I can sit on the bank and NOT think.
Do you ever do that?
I think sometimes, we writers think we should always be writing, when we aren’t doing something else. I have learned though, not to discount these times when I am not actually writing. They work their way into my manuscripts in the end.
Now I’m going to tap my husband on his shoulder and find that (probably half dried up in this scorching weather) creek.
- Another Writing Opportunity by Christine Duncan
- Not Quite So Much Porridge Please
- Ever Wanted to Write for TV? by Christine Duncan
- Dreaded Synopsis
- A Contest for the Minimalist Writer by Christine Duncan
- It Changes on the Page
- Are There Fewer Opportunities for Writers Now? by Christine Duncan
- The Moment of Love
- A Seasonal Book by Christine Duncan