I use books to teach me the things I need to know. I tend to go to the library for a good car manual when we have a problem or a book on fixing stuff when say, the washing machine goes down. I do the same with my writing.
I also use magazines to get me revved up to do things. For instance, I read Runner’s World to make me get ready for a long run and I read recipes in women’s magazines to help me get figure out what we should eat for the coming week.
But right now, I need a book or a blog to get me revved up on writing. You know how it is, sometimes you just need a jump start. I used What if? Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers by Anne Bernays and Pamela Painter until I wore the book thin.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
- Not Quite So Much Porridge Please
- Ever Wanted to Write for TV? by Christine Duncan
- Dreaded Synopsis
- A Contest for the Minimalist Writer by Christine Duncan
- It Changes on the Page
- Are There Fewer Opportunities for Writers Now? by Christine Duncan
- The Moment of Love
- A Seasonal Book by Christine Duncan
- Writing by Christine Duncan