I was reading a marketing expert’s email newsletter the other day and she had a link to what she called blogging ideas for June Basically it was a list of observances that someone or other has lobbied Congress (or for all I know Hallmark) to celebrate in June. The list seemed a bit odd but harmless. Watermelon seed spitting day? Uh huh. Please take my children to work day. Really? It strikes me like a Rodney Dangerfield joke–Take my wife, Please.
However the list did contain the info that June 13th is abused women and children’s awareness day so I moved my post up a day as I wanted to give you all a heads-up. It is a cause that can not get enough attention. Give money to your local battered women’s shelter. Donate your gently used clothing. Pray for someone you know who may be in an abusive relationship.
- Two heads etc….
- Happy Father’s Day by Christine Duncan
- Getting Words On The Page
- Eavesdropping by Christine Duncan
- It’s Not Being Nosy If You’re A Writer
- Author Quote of the Week by Christine Duncan
- Interesting Times
- Happy Memorial Day Everyone by Christine Duncan
- The Path
- Writing Quote of the Week by Christine Duncan