1) A computer that doesn’t freeze, overheat or just shut down for no good reason just when I’m about to write a brilliant line.
2) A cure for my incessant laziness, so I actually write these stories instead of dreaming them.
3) A brand new magazine, just searching for ghost stories, to start up in the UK. (Or if there is one, its name and address please)
4) A never-ending stack of paper. A4 lined in a ring-binder please.
5) A list of publishers who do publish ghost stories, short stories, accept unsolicited manuscripts, and read them.
6) A really good covering letter for my stories. I know I’m supposed to sell myself, but I just can’t do it. I’m English!
7) Umm – that’s about it really. Hey look, a new laptop! Thanks Santa!
See you next year.