1. a. Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.
b. The condition of being so stimulated.
2. An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.
3. Something, such as a sudden creative act or idea, that is inspired.
4. The quality of inspiring or exalting: a painting full of inspiration.
5. Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.
6. The act of drawing in, especially the inhalation of air into the lungs.
The above definition of inspiration comes from freedictionary.com. I agree with the full definition and have experienced everything mentioned at various points in time.
However last Friday night, I attended a concert which faciliated an encounter with inspiration in the form of point 2: An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention. I could feel my creative battery being recharged as I stood in the audience in awe of what was unfolding in front of me. I could feel the artist’s creativity entering my body through my skin and proceeding directly to my spirit. It was joyful and I’ve have been using that energy to write ever since.
If I thought this artist would have the same impact on you, I’d share the links to the YouTube uploads of her concert immediately. Truth is you probably wouldn’t like her. My point is that pure creative energy is sharable and transferable so may I encourage you to “fill your creative well” (as Julia Cameron would say) by hooking into some art/music/writing that resonates with you.